Sunday, April 10, 2005

CCD Cleaning... Perhaps should be left to the pros

After about 3 weeks I got my D70 back from Nikon. Well, apparently the sensor was not cleaned. Or was it? From the long wait, I have read thru a many web articles about cleaning the CCD from Dust.

Well, went and tried it. Tried I did. Man, it's tough. I have ran thru about 2 and a half stack of cigerrette paper before I finally gave up.

There were moments when the result was so clean except for tiny bits of specks. Then I went on thinking "hmmm.. one more time will clean that right up"... well, end up putting more dust on it. Then the process repeated a couple of hundreds times.

phew... I think it can still be cleaner. But the flu I m having right now and with my girlfriend nagging me to rest for my flu, I have to save this for another day. Perhaps I never shudda read any of these dust removal stuff.. it's more trouble than helpful.

Before
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

After
Image <br />hosted by Photobucket.com

1 comment:

Louis said...

Dude, I know the feeling of wanting to do something perfectly.

But comparing the two photos, it looks like you've done a pretty good job. Most of the dust bunnies are gone.